Monday, December 19, 2005

London Blog, December 18, 2005

Just back from a flying visit to the London office of my publishers. Great to meet the team, talk sales, and eat Italian. The following day I had an extra hour or two and popped into the cinema to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Sorry, folks, I know everyone says this is the best movie yet, but I was bored to death. Thought the acting was dreadful on all sides, overacting actually, and left early. And why didn't we get to see some of the world quidditch tournament?! It would have been great to see Ireland win. Will they ever make a movie that comes even close to being as good as the books??? Movies are getting worse, I think. All the action shots and special effects can't make up for the lack of interesting dialogue and good acting. Look at any of those old movies which are so much better.

No comments: