Wednesday, February 22, 2006

More Irish Dancing

I don't think I will ever get over my Irish dancing past and I don't really want to. I've been having dreams about it for years, where I go back to feises and I am dancing on stage. This is a pic of the group from the Butler Academy of Irish Dancing that toured Ireland with the Irish-Canadian Choral Society. (We would all have been in Riverdance if it had happened in our time.) That's Mrs Butler on the left, may she rest in peace. The pretty woman in the back, second on the right, is Paula Woodgate of the Woodgate School of Irish Dance. Her husband, Mike, is beside her. I'm the one in the green in the front row. I danced "the Girl with the Buckles on her Shoes" while the choir sang. My best friend Sheila is in purple on the far left, front row. On the far right, front row, with the red hair is Christine Fitzpatrick, also a good friend. I'm still practising as I will be dancing on my tour (more about that in the Bookmark blog) but you know ... it's not as easy as it used to be.

No comments: