Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sony Rotters

I know. I know. But there's a happy end to the story. Before I threw out the blasted CMT-EX5, I decided to go online and see if anyone else had a problem with it. Lo and behold, mirabile dictu, didn't I find Todd, the man, the computer fix-it man. And there in full colour, he showed how to fix a broken CMT-EX5! Nothing complicated, just one big fat design flaw. (Sony cannot NOT know about this. The machines must be breaking down all over the world. Todd is in the USA). The metal plate at the back of the loader comes loose and either pushes your CD too far forward to be read; or you could be loading your disc behind the plate, again where it can't be read. Just get the cover off, don't be afraid, and press the plate back into place. (I'm considering a bit of superglue if it comes out again.) Here are the proper instructions: www.housecallcomputerservices.com/Help/Sony%20CMT-EX5/.
HURRAH FOR THE WEB. THANK YOU, TODD. SHAME ON YOU, SONY!

1 comment:

Todd said...

Happy to help!