Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Come Dance With Me In Ireland

Just back from my set dancing class. It was only mighty. I've almost got the Kilfenora set and there were lovely tricky bits in that West Kerry set. The class is in the old Enniskerry village hall which is something out of the 1950s with its big wooden floor and high windows. We dance from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. with a little break for tea and biscuits. Set dancing is addictive; everyone who does it says so. The intricate patterns weave a soothing sort of magic in the soul. I've put my name down for a full weekend of it end of September. The last time I did one of those was about 13 years ago -- "Commotion By the Ocean" at Salthill, Co. Galway -- with the great set dancing master, Connie Ryan (may he rest in peace).

2 comments:

lmag said...

Hey!
Just wanted to say hi and I love your books, especially the Chronicles of Faerie (Findabhair and Gwen are eerily similar to my cousin and I).

OR Melling said...

Thanks! Love the pics on your blog.