Friday, June 16, 2006

Soft Seattle Rain

It's Friday, so I must be in Seattle. Keep losing hours as I travel west. One hour disappeared in Chicago and two more by the time I got here. And there's so little time to blog. However, I have been sending my webmaster diary entries for the tour, so if you want to know what I am up to check out my website and click on the butterfly. Here's some tour trivia:
Best thing I ate: vegetarian burrito with veggies, cous cous, salsa and sour cream in little restaurant in Naperville.
Worst thing I ate: 'cheese and crackers' (chemical byproducts) on the airplane.
Best moment on the tour: okay, can't do that as so much good stuff has happened but I'd be lying if I didn't say that the Mythic Journeys Conference completely blew me away.
Worst moment: last night, when I arrived in Seattle late and starving, but had no energy to go look for food. Wanted to go home. Missed Finny, my cats, and R. Now I'm fine, so it was just one of those low moments. Gotta run. I've got a gig at All for Kids tonight but first Chauni is taking me for sea food. Oh, and Seattle is very cool. Ate breakfast in a real diner -- sat at the counter -- and there's art everywhere.

2 comments:

medstudentitis said...

Hiya,
Although I don't have much to say about Seattle, I had to comment on your blog (which I just found). I wanted to say that I have loved your books since I was a young teenager and first discovered 'The Hunter's Moon'. I went on to read them all and later in life discovered 'Falling out of Time' which I also loved. When I later travelled to Ireland and then moved to Scotland I couldn't help thinking that your books had played a part in inspiring me to travel in Britain. Now back in Canada in my mid-twenties and in medical school, I still read your well-thumbed novels when I need a bit of a pick-me-up.

Thanks for writing.

Kate

OR Melling said...

Kate, thank you so much for writing and for your kind words! I am on an American reading tour right now, in San Francisco today. If you want to see how it is going you can click on the butterfly on my website.