Friday, October 06, 2006

Jazzy Trad

I've been asked to recommend music that I love. Here's my latest fave. Mike McGoldrick is an incredible and eclectic musician (uillean pipes and various flutes) but you have got to hear him on the wooden flute playing trad music like it's never been played before. "James Brown's March" is one stunning Irish-trad-jazz groove that just has to be heard! (Hey, my dad was a jazz musician. I can say 'groove.') He's got some gorgeous voices on the album too, Karen Matheson and Karan Casey, singing in Irish and English. This is a fantastic CD. I'm listening to it right now and I am transported.
Here's the info: www.verticalrecords.co.uk.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Definately going to check this out. Have you ever heard of Gary Stadler? He has an album called Faery Heart music. I wrote "A Kiss from the Rose" to that music. He is one of my favorites and I've recently aquired some more of his music as I've been plotting my next book to it. It's very wistful music. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

But I'm going to go look and check these artists out. I love your taste in music, and have discovered more than a few new favorties from your blog.