Monday, November 27, 2006

Crash and Burn

Am I back in Ireland? Not quite. Got into Dublin this morning at 5:30 a.m. after the usual smooth flying that Aer Lingus provides. However, feel as if run over by said airplane plus two-ton articulated lorry. Meanwhile, check out this video on Youtube for a great laugh: Natalie Amnesty International Torn (that's what you search). Friends in Toronto directed me to it and I have been telling everyone else since. David Armand is a genius and Natalie is a sweetie. Would cheer up a corpse. Alas, Amnesty International UK forced the best versions off the air only today. Bad move, guys, whatever happened to sharing? A little generosity goes a long way, especially when you want people to be generous to you!

5 comments:

Salerio said...

Dear Gdd.

That just put my faith back into the art of miming.

dee said...

Hey there, found your Blog. Great tip to the YouTube. I love your Halloween pumpkin pic. I'm a newbie to this blog stuff...so here goes...

Laura said...

Since your bookmark blog doesn't allow "other" commentors, I'll respond here.

Are gallery proofs the cover art? Hehe, whenever I have to clear my desk to make room for a new addition, I just move all my junk to my bed. Then when I want to go to sleep, I just move it back to my desk. Not a great system, I know... :)

Have a great time in Sligo! May the faeries keep you company on the dance floor.

OR Melling said...

Galley proofs (not gallery) are the typeset copy, the last stage at which both publisher and author can make changes before the book goes to the printer. But one must keep changes to a minimum. Sorry about security set-up but Web creepos found me.

OR Melling said...

So glad y'all liked Torn! It was great to meet you in Montreal, Salerio. Small world, eh?