Friday, February 23, 2007

Cool Pic

This is a photo of me and the Duchess, my beloved Triumph Herald which shows up in all The Chronicles of Faerie books. Findabhair is asleep in her baby chair inside. We're on the western shore of Inch Island, one of the settings for The Hunter's Moon. At the time, we were living in an alternative community called Meitheal (the Irish word for a communal work party, like a "bee" in Canada. Yeah, I was a hippie, so what.) Ideally, this pic belongs in the Book Blog but I already posted there and this blog was looking abandoned.

2 comments:

deeshedee said...

I love that car! I'll never forget driving around in the Burin. (can you fix the spelling for that)It was so beautiful there. The churches and tombstones..the traffic jam of cows.

OR Melling said...

That's the 'Burren', Dee. For a minute there I thought you were talking about some kind of cow marmalade, ha ha. As for my beloved Duchess, I wept many tears when I had to give her up. Keeping a vintage car is like keeping a race horse. You need a lot of money. But she went to a good home, to a leprechaun. No kidding.