Sunday, June 10, 2007

Back to the Source

If there's one thing a Sagittarian has to do regularly it's climb a mountain. So here's me on Mullaghcor, yesterday. It was a gorgeous sunny day and a gang of us from the Second Sunday hillwalking group headed out on a Saturday for a change, to accomodate two Swedish lads. There was a picnic as always on the grassy hillside - sandwiches, tea in a thermos, oranges, strawberries, dark chocolate, and crisps. At one point I walked alone (as is my wont) and inhaled the green of pine and blue of sky, to take back with me to infuse my work. There are times when I fall from Grace and into the dark and it is these communings with Nature that re-connect me to the Source and the shining stream of life (Mythopoeic writers use a lot of capitals, don't we? I guess because we like to write about the Big Things. )

2 comments:

Pomona said...

Reading this blog always makes me so hungry. Why must you always write such delicious descriptions of food to tempt me? I'm off to forage for lunch now.

OR Melling said...

It's one of the 'tricks' of writing - appealing to more than one sense. The usual emphasis is on sight, but you bring the reader deeper into the moment when you give them taste,touch, smell, or sound as well. Hope you a good lunch!