Monday, June 04, 2007

The Once and Future

It's typical of my family that one of my sisters would have a big stone in her back yard which managed to acquire a sword. All of us have always spoken of "Wart" in an intimate manner. One time someone asked if he was a relation or family friend. "Nope. He's King Arthur." I am just back from the sunny west of County Clare where I was celebrating a friend's 50th birthday and the opening of his exhibition. He sold 15 paintings in the first night. Well done, Frank Golden. Then we all retired to Linnane's for a big spread of clams, crabs, mussels, and shrimp along with singing and dancing. The craic was ninety. Next morning was a huge breakfast outdoors in the sunshine (it was lashing on the east coast; God forgive us, we laughed) and a guest hike along the Flaggy Shore. Then another feast in the evening. I will post photographs as soon as I figure out how to get them out of my new camera and onto the computer. Finn is surfing in Sligo, so no help at all.

No comments: