Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Athbhliain Faoi Mhaise Duibh

That's Happy New Year to ye's in Irish. Count the consonants. Here's how you pronounce it: aath-vleen fwee vawsha dee-uv. And here's a kind of ballparkish translation into English from my Gaeilgeoir daughter: "change of the year under blessings to you." And in keeping with my own little blog tradition, here are my resolutions for 2008:
1) support Finn through her Leaving Cert (barbaric Irish rite of passage)
2) take night courses in Digital Camera and Tai Chai
3) get down to business with new book
4) do the wonderful thing I can't talk about yet (see Book Blog where I can't talk about it also)
5) spend another small fortune on my teeth
6) have more fun
7) get ready to move to the West of Ireland - wa-hoo!
*Oh and check out my new website design on www.ormelling.com!*

No comments: