Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Brilliant Day



It began with a fat cheque arriving for Public Lending Rights and just kept going up from there. Finn received a parcel of French newspapers from her Dad, who's in Paris at the moment, so she decided we had to have croissants and café au lait for petit déjeuner (mais oui!). Then I headed off over the mountains for my annual visit to Tom Bombadill and Goldberry a.k.a the fabulous writer Herbie Brennan and his fabulous herbalist/crystal healer/writer wife Jacquie Burgess and their eight darling cats. As always, there was a scrumptious lunch beginning with a spicy root soup, green salad with rocket, smoked salmon on brown bread, hummus and tapenade. The piece de resistance (very French today) was a savoury pie cooked in the Aga - carmelised vegetables covered with a puff pastry and then flipped when done. (I'll get the recipe, it was superb.) Couldn't manage the chocolate biscuits with my coffee as I was about to burst!

No comments: