Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Here are some lovely bluebells to celebrate the day that's in it, compliments of the woods outside my favourite Buddhist Centre, Jampa Ling in County Cavan (mixing my religions here, but hey, the Divine is the Divine). I'll be off to a family do later at my sister Geni's and her husband Paddy's place. There'll be an Easter egg hunt in their big back garden - yes, the adults participate, in fact, we are the worst at scrabbling for the goodies - then lots of eating and drinking and chat over the potluck buffet. I am not doing my usual pasta dish this year but have opted for a glorious dessert: giant organic medjool dates stuffed with creamy mascarpone cheese, each topped with a pecan, then drizzled with maple syrup. You have to taste it to believe it: simple, gorgeous, and about a gazillion calories a bite.

No comments: