Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Braving America



Had a fabulous time picking up my Green Earth Book Award in America. Will be blogging loads about it here and on my Book Blog. Met so many amazing people. Also got out and about in beautiful Delmarva (Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia). Here's me walking along the Atlantic Ocean - I'm usually on t'other side. Spent the day with Prof Patti Dean of Salisbury U and Pam Spencer Holley, a well-known figure in the American kidslit world. They brought me for lunch at the Atlantic Hotel in the quaint little town of Berlin, where Runaway Bride was filmed. Here's the big bowl of mussels we shared before tucking into our salads. The sauce was sweet grain mustard and chili cayenne, delicious. Thank you Pam and Patti for a great day! (Photos: Patti Dean and OR Melling) See more pics over on my Book Blog.

No comments: