Friday, May 23, 2008

I Hate Microsoft

Well, the shed is definitely looking terracotta but needs more work, so I won't post a pic till it's beautiful. Meanwhile, I have just about recovered from that computer disaster on Tuesday. I had worked away on Chapter 13 - note the number - a half-day's writing, the first fully written layer down and saved, when I tried to transfer it to a disc. It disappeared. All my work. Gone. It wasn't on the disc nor was it in the file. I searched for it everywhere. There was no warning, no -"are you sure you want to do this?" - nothing. Just poof. Work gone. And I was left with the original file of rough notes. I HATE MICROSOFT. I am definitely getting an Apple for my laptop. I don't care if it entails difficulties transferring files from one to the other. Eventually I will have an Apple desktop as well. I swear, I actually kicked the hard drive I was so pissed.

7 comments:

paddy said...

Mac does not solve computing problems. Macs also lose files and can be very infuriating. Don't believe the advertising - Mac is just another tool, and not the foolproof coolness fountain the Mac evangelists claim.

Resist the Apple!

paddy said...

And discs?!? What are you doing with discs? Get a few USB memory sticks! They cost nothing, they are simple to use, and they are robust.

Discs? Sheesh....

OR Melling said...

I just read out what you wrote to my daughter and she says - he's right! You're Stone Age, mum. I keep forgetting about those memory stick thingies ... but the Mac laptops do look cool.

Jordyn said...

Macs are great. Really they are. My dad is a graphic designer and has never once even wanted to touch a PC. Macs are my life too. And I'm totally with on the coolness of the laptop. *sighs* haha

Findlay said...

You won't regret moving to Mac. I do all of my web design and programming on a Mac and have learned to trust in Mac reliability. Of course I do backup stuff regularly just in case :-)

OR Melling said...

No Mac this year! It was too difficult to finance and everything was set up so easily by Dell. Cool green laptop PC with Vista and carrying case on its way to me. Will post a pic.

Jenni said...

I grew up with PC and finally had enough last semester when it decided it'd be a laugh to just lose my 10-page English paper--and that wasn't the only problem. Got a Mac and I will NEVER go back to PC. Anything with the name of Microsoft is tainted and evil--even MS word messes up on my Mac! (But nothing else, mind you :^) )