Monday, March 30, 2009

Scotland the Brave

Just back from my Experience Week at Findhorn. See my Book Blog for a pic of the beautiful place where I stayed. I will write more about that amazing experience in future blogs. Right now I am recovering from the 'Winter Vomiting Bug' which is as awful and dramatic as it sounds! Managed to get it right in the middle of the week, ugh. However, I was amongst seriously good people and I was well looked after. Lovely Scottish nurse at the local hospital where I was taken said "yae just want tae dee, don't yae?" And omigod, I LOVE Scotland. I have had an obsession with that country since I was a little girl. Truth to tell, I wanted to do Scottish sword dancing - not Irish dancing - but my parents said it wasn't right as we weren't Scottish! Songs about Bonnie Prince Charlie make me cry, I've read umpteenth books about Mary Queen of Scots, the bagpipes send me into ecstasy, and I love a man in a kilt. Hoot mun, I will return.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

That's funny. I'm Scottish and I wanted to do Irish dancing instead of Scottish! I guess we always love what we don't have...the pictures are lovely. They make me very excited as I am visiting Ireland and Scotland this summer!