Monday, November 09, 2009

Still Recovering from Swine Flu

Jaze, I tell ya, this is one doozer of a dose. Never mind all those conspiracy people telling you it's all fear-mongering. Those of us who have been hit know the story. Yes, it's a normal flu when you first get it - sore throat, fever, deep coughing, muscle aches, chills, loss of appetite, exhaustion - but it's the aftermath that really bowls you over. It goes on for weeks and weeks! I've past my third week now and just starting to feel human, but I'm still coughing from time to time and when I do, I think I'm going to die. My poor lungs feel damaged and my ribs bruised and my chest muscles twisted. Doc says my lungs are clear, so no infection, but tell that to the pain centres in my brain! And after one or two tasks a day, I'm wiped out. This must be what people with ME feel like. They have my utter sympathy. Apologies for moaning. And of course I'm getting very little work done. Put aside adult novel (one last draft to finish, yahoo!) and am revising first book of new young adult series (still can't announce as contracts still going through, sorry) plus working on television script of same. A lot of the time I'm working in bed! Rest is important for convalescing and working in bed keeps me from being utterly bored.

1 comment:

paddy said...

Good to see you're back! I'll be taking that vaccine whenever they let me in the door, mainly because I'm too tight to lose that much money through missing work. Plus coughing up lungs is probably to be avoided.