Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Garden Girl




Well, here I am working in my beloved walled garden in Jampa Ling. For a whole month I was the garden girl working under the aegis of the garden guru, Aisling, a truly gifted woman - professional gardener, trad musician, painter and mother. I've been gardening all my life in all kinds of places including Moose Tempura Organic Farm in the East Delta of British Columbia, as a WOOFER for the O'Dea's in the Burren, Co. Clare, as a resident in the Meitheal Community in Donegal and a visitor to Findhorn in Scotland, but never have I learned so much in such a short time. I shall return! These photos show me weaving onions and garlic in strings hanging from an old apple tree (very Thomas Hardy) and then hanging them up to dry in the tool shed. Ah, happiness is outdoor manual labour in a garden, the complete opposite of being locked away in a room working with your head and a PC!

No comments: