Sunday, March 17, 2013

Beannactaí Lá Phádraig!


Mixing business with pleasure. Here's me displaying wonderful green (leprechaun?) slippers made in Mongolia by amazing women who live in a town at the end of the Gobi Desert. You can order their hand-made felt goods including these slippers online at www.madeinmongolia.net. Their felt factory was set up as a charitable project by the Venerable Panchen Otrul Rinpoche, the high lama who lives in Ireland at my favourite retreat centre Jampa Ling. (See www.jampaling.org.) And guess what. I'll be visiting them this summer when I travel with the lama to Outer Mongolia. Yes, indeed, I'll be crossing the Gobi Desert, in the shadow of Genghis Khan. Very exciting. Meanwhile, though, have a great St Patrick's Day wherever you are. I'll be marching, dressed in costume, in the parade in Ballinamore. Hope to have some pics of that to be posted soon.

No comments: