Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Arrival in Mongolia!


Well, here I am at the airport near Ulaan Baatar, the capital city of Mongolia. You can see the Bogd Khan mountain range reflected in the window. They are sacred, the first protected mountains in the world. I'm listening studiously to my lama as he is being interviewed by Mongolian television after a l4-hour trip (?maybe more - quick stop in Bishkek, Kurdistan) from Dublin to Istanbul and on to UB via Turkish Airlines - Business Class, ooh la la, the only way to fly! Beside me is a young monk and to my left is a translator monk (who translated for H.H. the Dalai Lama when he came to Mongolia) and the abbot of Lam Rim Monastery, UB. I look well after such a long trip, no doubt due to excessive comfort. The food was only gorgeous. Would highly recommend this airline. More pics on Book Blog. (Photo credit: Ueli Minder)

No comments: